Domestic Violence Agency
Turning Point is a domestic violence agency with a mission to confront violence against women and children in McHenry County, Illinois. Turning Point offers services to women, men and children.
Follow Turning Point on Facebook.
Upcoming Fundraising Events
Paint the Night Purple – Annual Dinner & Auction
April 20, 2018 – Boulder Ridge Country Club 5:30 pm – 10 pm
Turning Point invites you to an evening filled with live entertainment featuring the jazz band BMR4, delectable dining and fun to support Turning Point’s programs! Throughout the live and silent auction, you will be given the opportunity to bid on incredible experiences and purchase great gifts for yourself or loved ones. Don’t forget to wear purple cocktail attire to show your support!
Learn more & buy tickets —> here
Groups and Events
Children ages 6 to 12 are welcome to attend if a parent is also receiving services. Intake required. Childcare is available for children up to the age of 5.
En Español: Niños entre las edades de 6 y 12 son bienvenidos a attender a los grupos de niños si la mama o el papa esta recibiendo servicios tambien. Assesoramiento requerido. Cuidado de niños esta disponible para niños menores de 5 años.
Intake required. Childcare is available for children up to the age of 5.
Evaluación es requerida.
Programs and Services
- 24-hour Crisis Intervention and Response
- Emergency Shelter
- Individual and Group Counseling for Adults
- Trauma-Based Mental Health Services
- Children’s Individual and Group Counseling
- Teen Group Counseling
- Partner Abuse Intervention Program (PAIP)
- Adolescent Violence Intervention Program
- Latino Bilingual/Bicultural Services
- Legal and Non-Legal Advocacy
- Information and Referral
- Prevention and Community Education
- Emergency Food and Clothing Pantries