Domestic Violence Agency
Turning Point is a domestic violence agency with a mission to confront violence against women and children in McHenry County, Illinois. Turning Point offers services to women, men and children.
Follow Turning Point on Facebook.
Upcoming Fundraising Events
Turning Point’s Radiothon events will take place the following dates and times:
July 22 – Pig Roast at Riverside Pub and Grill, Crystal Lake
July 27 – Camp Talent Show Party at Sage YMCA, Crystal Lake
Aug. 10 – Listen to Star 105.5 all day to hear more about Turning Point programs and services
Aug. 11 – Take a Stand for Turning Point event at Niko’s Red Mill Tavern, Woodstock
Groups and Events
Children ages 6 to 12 are welcome to attend if a parent is also receiving services. Intake required. Childcare is available for children up to the age of 5.
En Español: Niños entre las edades de 6 y 12 son bienvenidos a attender a los grupos de niños si la mama o el papa esta recibiendo servicios tambien. Assesoramiento requerido. Cuidado de niños esta disponible para niños menores de 5 años.
Intake required. Childcare is available for children up to the age of 5.
Evaluación es requerida.
Programs and Services
- 24-hour Crisis Intervention and Response
- Emergency Shelter
- Individual and Group Counseling for Adults
- Trauma-Based Mental Health Services
- Children’s Individual and Group Counseling
- Teen Group Counseling
- Partner Abuse Intervention Program (PAIP)
- Adolescent Violence Intervention Program
- Latino Bilingual/Bicultural Services
- Legal and Non-Legal Advocacy
- Information and Referral
- Prevention and Community Education
- Emergency Food and Clothing Pantries