Domestic Violence Agency
Turning Point is a domestic violence agency with a mission to confront violence against women and children in McHenry County, Illinois.
Follow Turning Point on Facebook.
Radiothon – August 11 and 12
Turning Point will again host its annual Radiothon fundraiser this August, in conjunction with Star 105.5. Come down to Niko’s Red Mill in Woodstock from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 12 to enjoy an afternoon of live music by Modern Day Romeos. The event will include raffles, great food and more!
Join Turning Point for its second annual golf outing and dinner. Click here for more information and to register.
Turning Point is hosting a 3-hour informational seminar discussing the dynamics, causes and conditions in abusive relationships. Click here for details.
Groups and Events
Children ages 6 to 12 are welcome to attend if a parent is also receiving services. Intake required. Childcare is available for children up to the age of 5.
En Español: Niños entre las edades de 6 y 12 son bienvenidos a attender a los grupos de niños si la mama o el papa esta recibiendo servicios tambien. Assesoramiento requerido. Cuidado de niños esta disponible para niños menores de 5 años.
Assesoramiento requerido. Cuidado de niños esta disponible para niños menores de 5 años.
Programs and Services
- 24-hour Crisis Intervention and Response
- Emergency Shelter
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Trauma-Based Mental Health Services
- Children’s Individual and Group Counseling
- Teen Group Counseling
- Partner Abuse Intervention Program (PAIP)
- Adolescent Violence Intervention Program
- Latino Bilingual/Bicultural Services
- Legal and Non-Legal Advocacy
- Information and Referral
- Prevention and Community Education
- Emergency Food and Clothing Pantries