Turning Point provides legal advocacy to victims of domestic violence at the McHenry County Government Center on 2200 N. Seminary in Woodstock, IL.
Our specially trained legal advocates provide:
- Spanish bicultural/bilingual services
- Order of Protection assistance
- Support in abuse-related court cases
- Referral and linkage to other services
*Interpretation services are available at the courthouse
Purposes of the Illinois Domestic Violence Act of 1986
- Recognizes domestic violence as a serious crime
- Requires police make a written report on all domestic violence calls
- Requires accessible victim services at no cost
- Protects family and household members, including spouses, ex-spouses, past or current dating relationships, persons living together, persons who formerly lived together, parents, children, and stepchildren, people who share a child or people related by blood or marriage.
- Support efforts of victims to avoid further abuse, including orders of protection
More information is available here.