Children’s Counseling Services
What Services Are Best for My Child?
- Children and youth (ages 6-18)
- One-on-one sessions with an experienced Children’s Advocate.
- Session topics are personal to the child’s trauma, experiences and needs.
- Develop an understanding for domestic violence and teen dating violence.
- Learn to talk openly and express feelings in healthy ways regarding domestic violence and teen dating violence.
- Understand and identify healthy and unhealthy relationships.
- Strengthen self-esteem and set boundaries.
- Groups led by a Children’s Advocate or Prevention/Education Advocate.
- Children’s Group (ages 6-12): Topics include those covered in individual counseling and allow children to share and learn from others.*
- Teen Group (ages 13-18): Teen groups may focus on topics unique to teens, including dating violence.
*Children will need registration paperwork completed before attending.
”The impact of childhood domestic violence can be lifelong in terms of physical and mental health problems, such as anxiety, depression, and traumatic stress, difficulty in relationships with others, academic and employment failures, and trouble parenting.Dr. Sandra A. Graham-Bermann